Thursday, August 11, 2011

Polimoda (Firenze): Poggio Imperiale


ACCOMMODATIONS FOR POLIMODA STUDENTS
Finding accommodations for Polimoda may not be so easy because you might have some doubts about deciding on a place before seeing it in person.  That was my issue.  I knew I wanted to get a place that was close to the school as well as the main city center and I planned on not paying more than 600 euros a month for rent.  Luckily for me, I found Poggio Imperiale.    

POGGIO IMPERIALE (Photo by tripadvisor.com)

I suggest that you stay here for at least 2-4 weeks and try to look for rooms and roommates once you arrive in Florence.  It might cost you a little but it'll totally be worth it, at least for the first month.  In order to apply for your Student Visa for Italy, you'll need Proof of Accommodations and Clara will be able to assist you on this...so yea, it's definitely worth it!  Poggio Imperiale is right next to Porta Roma so it's pretty close to the city (Ponte Vecchio, Duomo, etc)  If you stay for a minimum of 3 months, you can rent the apartment at a cheaper rate (that's what I did...I lived here for the first 3 months in Florence with a roommate.)

FINDING A ROOMMATE
I asked Irene (Admissions at Polimoda) to assist me on finding a roomate.  She was very helpful and gave me a few people to contact and I eventually ended up agreeing on rooming with a classmate even before meeting her.  Okay, here's the thing, as much as it's important to see the actual apartment before locking it down...you should really meet your roommate first before committing to anything!  Remember, you're going to be attending an INTERNATIONAL fashion institute so there will be people from all over the world and you may not "click" with all of them, including your own roommate.  Lastly, here's another tip, GET YOUR OWN ROOM...you can live with roommates but don't share rooms unless you absolutely have to!!  Chances are, you're going to need your own "space".

Good luck finding accommodations in Firenze!!
XOXO Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment