Sunday, July 24, 2011

Polimoda (Florence, Italy)

www.polimoda.com


Ciao Bella!! Come stai?
Want to study at Polimoda?? VA BENE!


Yes, it is true...The Mimi Amore is a proud alumni of Polimoda International Institute of Fashion Design & Marketing.  FMM 2009!

I completed my BA in Fashion Design from Cal State Los Angeles in 2008.  Right after graduation, I decided to pursue my masters degree in Fashion Merchandising.  I really didn't enjoy sewing or making patterns so I wanted to get my masters in Fashion Merchandising so I can have a career in fashion business. Then I thought, "Wait, I should study my masters (in fashion) in EUROPE!"  Of course!! 


So I started researching for schools in cities like Paris, Milan, London and then I found Polimoda in Florence, Italy.  I liked the fact that Polimoda was affiliated with FIT in New York.  As an American, this has been a huge advantage and benefit for me.  When I tell people I studied my Masters at Polimoda, they have no idea what kind of school it is.  Then I add that it is the sister school to FIT in New York and everyone seems to "get it" and they'll perceive Polimoda as a prestigious fashion institute.  


I joined the FASHION MERCHANDISING & MANAGEMENT (FMM) Masters Program at Polimoda in the summer of 2009.  I can't even tell you how excited I was to be attending this school!  I went on my "Eurotrip" in Summer 2006 and was fortunate enough to visit Florence and I totally fell in love with the city!  Firenze was absolutely amazing so to be living there was definitely a dream come true!!

The application process for Polimoda was super easy. Just go online to their website (http://www.polimoda.com/) and click on the HOW TO APPLY link....or just click here.  After you apply online, you should get an application package from Polimoda.  You have to answer an entrance exam question and then finish with a phone interview with the program director.  Mind you, I got my phone call at 3am in Los Angeles (that's 12pm noon in Florence) so just be ready and prepared!  Honestly, the application process wasn't hard at all but getting a Student Visa for Italy was a totally different story!!   

Stay tuned for more stories of  Mimi Amore Firenze and tips on living in Italy & studying abroad...

XOXO
Mimi

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi,
    my name is Apaar and i was looking for reviews on polimoda and came across your blog. I am seeking some guidance on how the college is and how is it studying fashion business in Italy. I am planning for masters in luxury management looking forward for june 2012 intake. I would appreciate if you can drop me some insight on "arora.apaar@gmail.com" about the Polimoda and after course completion prospects. I already belong to fashion sector and working as an assistant buyer for a fashion brand in Dubai. Thanks a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Apaar!

      I'm sooo sorry for the late reply! I just saw your comment today!
      I just posted a blog with further info on POLIMODA

      http://themimiamore.blogspot.com/2012/07/ive-been-recently-getting-lot-of.html

      I hope this info helps! I guessing you're in Italy right now ;) I hope you're enjoying the summer there! Start planning your "summer vacation"...FLORENCE shuts down for the month of August because of the heat! Go travel around the country or around the EU (tip: check out RYAN AIR)

      Best wishes!!
      XOXO
      Mimi

      Delete
    2. hi cam planning to do a seasonal course on fashion buying from polimoda will it really help me in future i hope you will give me some insights into this

      Delete